Day 1 – Elephant tour as above with overnight stay in hammocks at our Jungle Lodge
Day 2 – Full day Jungle Trek with an experienced Bunong hill tribe Guide (no elephants on this day)
- Pick up from Sen Monorom with transport to and from the Mondulkiri Project’s elephant sanctuary.
- Day 1 Elephant Adventure Tour as above.
- Traditional hill tribe meals and the opportunity to try rice wine around the Jungle Lodge campfire.
- Authentic hammock accommodation at the Mondulkiri Project’s Jungle Lodge
- Full day jungle trekking with a Bunong Guide, with the chance to see wild deer and monkeys
- Waterfall swimming and and seeing bats at the Leng Ret cave
- Visit to Bunong farms within the jungle and seeing wild rice, fruit, vegetable and herbs
- Unlimited bottled water
hike level: medium – hard (day 2 walking approximately 18 kilometres with several steep hill climbs)
PLEASE NOTE: Our two day tour is sometimes done in reverse, with the jungle trek on day 1 and the Elephant Adventure Tour on day 2.
What to pack
- Sturdy, enclosed footwear for hiking in the jungle. Sports sandals and trainers are okay for our one day tour.
- Swimming clothes and towel
- Sun protection – hat and sunscreen
- Insect repellant
- Raincoat or poncho
- Lots of energy, especially for the 18km jungle trek
Meals at Sanctuary
We have a team of local women who prepare authentic and delicious Khmer food daily. At lunch you might be served soups and stir fries and a plate of tropical fruit for dessert. Dinner is a traditional hill tribe soup cooked in Bamboo over the campfire. Breakfast is Pancakes.